Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tuesday Coffee Chat



It's a New Year! 
What is one positive thing about 2017, 
and one negative thing about the forthcoming year?  

I am looking forward to 2017, as I always do.  I don't make resolutions but I try to leave myself open to change.  2016 was the year we found out about Mr BC's kidney failure. He was so sick last winter, and it took many months for him to reach some part of good health. This is a chronic situation, we will strive this year to restore some of what he lost last year, so that he can be more self-sufficient, and we can with some adjustment maybe do some RV traveling.

The negative of 2017....I can only hope, that Trump will do better than I think he can and not be as bad a president, as I believe he will be. If there was ever a time for the legislative and judicial branch to work together, to keep the executive branch checked and balanced, this is it. I am willing to wait and see, as that is about all I can personally do. I do hope that the Affordable Care Act doesn't get repealed before something better can be put in place.

6 comments :

  1. I would say ditto myself with your blog. To improved health in 2017 and moderation in the President's politics.
    I vowed to not discuss politics anymore on my blog. But it is hard in the frustration I feel that so many people around me think Trump is a good thing. I just hope public pressure and some compassion will win out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you and your Mr. BC, i hope he does recover a good bit of his get-up-and-go this year so you can enjoy your RV.

    As for politics, i simply say that i hope all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your hopes (and concerns) for the coming year. I especially want things to improve for Mr. BC so you can go and have a little fun! You make a good point about the branches of government maintaining the balance that they were intended to do. That is our hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing Mr BC a good year, let's hope his health stabilises so that he can enjoy the year. As for Trump... I am lost for words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all of us enjoying good health this year! My dad had a rough past couple of years, but hopefully this year will be more about enjoying his retirement OUT of the hospital.

    You already know my thoughts on Trump. It's a different feel when it's not your country, and all I can also help is that Canada continues to offer it's moral support and that our two great nations continue their bond. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of went with good and bad being our current political temp. I have hope.

    ReplyDelete