Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Fill-Ins and Friday Five

This is a fun meme co-hosted by McGuffy's Reader and 15 and Meowing. Be sure to visit and join in the fun!

Week 37: January 20, 2017

1. Winter makes me feel old. The cold is getting me down...making everything, ache.

2. My grandsons make me feel young. When I am with them I usually get to play. I like to build with the legos, the boys are now old enough, they don't knock down my towers.

3. I have a hard time focusing this week, we have so much going on in the next few weeks, I haven't been able to concentrate on mundane things....my house is a mess, I am just taking down Christmas. 

    
                    

4. DD2 is visiting in CA, and as I took her to the airport, she kindly wished we were both going, that we would have fun. 








Can't think of any Fragments this Friday, so I will answer the Friday 5 this week.

1. Who’s been a ray of sunshine lately? DD2, is almost always our ray of sunshine, lately.  This has not always been the case....She is planning to move back to CA, which is ok with us. She is using this trip as a reconnoiter, toward that goal.  She is hoping to transfer with the company she is with now so she is looking.

2. When do you next expect to be stuffed to the gills? I don't know what happened to my stomach but, I get stuffed very easily. Which is disappointing when I have a chance to eat something I really love.  My eyes are truly bigger.

3. Among people you know, who can really tell a whale of a  tale? My dad use to love to tell stories....but he spoke so slowly sometimes, I use to want to finish his sentences.  I love to hear my brother speak, as he is so much like my father.

4. What’s something you’ve been heering good things about? It's awful that I can't think of anything specific.  Sadly not a lot of good things being said about anything. I will leave you with this.
5. Which of the S.S. Minnow‘s passengers or crew do you think you’d get along best with? Probably Mary Ann. She would be the most like me.
  
    

11 comments :

  1. I eat such small meals at home that my stomach has shrunk. Also, love that little monkey set, and the scripture. Too be honest, kindness is going to go a long way to reduce people's stress levels. It may be the most important thing going on.
    With two girls in California, it will be lovely to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undecorating from Christmas is a snap with a leaf blower and industrial-sized trash bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by my Friday Fill-Ins.

    The cold weather isn't fun.

    Nice answers.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I just put the Christmas decorations away today. I love playing with my great-nice, she is only 14 months so she loves to knock down my block towers :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your fill-ins, I haven't seen this meme before.

    I thought of the Professor, I had such a crush on him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We put on a "Gilligan" play once, and they made me be Mary Ann. Good answers on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One fill-in hits home with me, and that's food. I too get full quickly and the appetite seems to have disappeared altogether. I can't remember the last time I actually felt hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I am craving "something" rather than being hungry.

      Delete
  8. Back in 2010, the summer they found the fibroids, I had the ever decreasing stomach capacity. It was very frustrating. We would go out to Cracker Barrel and I couldn't eat everything on my plate. It got to the point that I'd just eat a few bites and then couldn't eat anymore.

    I rarely get hungry anymore and but that isn't stopping me from eating. I just am back to not being able to eat as much again. Usually, it is more my mouth that wants something rather than my stomach. My stomach is just along for the ride.

    Legos are fun! Well, unless you step on them in bare feet. That part is no fun. :)

    Have a blessed Sunday and week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about focus. I have such a severe cold, I am in a fog! I cannot think straight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hearing good things are only possible in private, when you watch the News you better turn the TV off !

    ReplyDelete