Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Archaeology-ABC Wednesday

ABC Wednesday
A new Blog Hop I am going to try out.  It seems less strenuous than the April A-Z, which I tried in 2013 and almost quit blogging after that!

My A is Archaeology

Mr BC and I are mad about History and Archaeology.  We love that our niece Megan is getting her Master Degree in the subject and that we have an actual Archaeologist in the family.

Most of our vacations are centered around all things historical, so of course when we made our trip to London a year ago, we were in "Just Think" heaven when ever we stood in front of or on History!  We would have loved to have gone to Leicester to see all things Richard lll found in that parking lot.

When I went to London at the turn of the century with DD2, they were just starting to uncover part of a Roman wall at Tower Hill. we were able to see so much more this trip. 

Of course we especially wanted to visit the British Museum and a multitude of archaeological finds were to be found there.


And Selfies are abundant for these arm chair archaeologists!

11 comments :

  1. I love the history in Great Britain, too, mostly because I'm only 2nd generation Canadian with my grandparents all being from some part of Britain. It is my #1 favourite place to visit, although I'd still like to see more of Europe, especially Italy and France for another time! Thanks for joining in and look forward to seeing your posts!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and neat photos ~ especially the 'selfies'

    Wishing you a Happy Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ancient history too. I hope to make it to England one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My head is swelling.... I love it when I hear praise of my country. To my shame though, I have never visited the British Museum. The journey there is prohibitive. I read this morning that there are things going on around Stonehenge, another place I need to see close up. I've only seen it from a distance, on a coach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely entry and I hope you'll find new and bigger pleasure in blogging ;-)
    Lovely photo's

    Have a nice ABC-Wednesday / _ Week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-20a/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Great Britain is oozing with history, particularly the Roman and Viking invasions.
    Chester a beautiful city, not far from where we live,the Romans certainly made their mark there; the city was foundedas a castrum or Roman post with the name of Deva Victrix it is one of the finest preserved walled cities in the UK.
    I live in the great city of Liverpool which again is heaving with History and Culture and quite recently was awarded the title of the Capital of Culture.I think the best way to research the cities I have mentioned is to start with good old Mr Google and work from there.
    Apart from the architecture, culture, music etc, we have some wonderful museums, art galleries etc. Should you decide to visit the UK, Liverpool won't disappoint you.
    Best wishes,
    Di,
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to ABC Wednesday, it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great to see you too have similar interest like me in history.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello to ABC Wednesday! As you say, it is surprising how much history there is beneath our feet if only we would dig a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The idea of ancient or recent history buildings may exist under our towns intrigues me, too. All exciting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I'M doing archaeology, digging through old boxes this morning!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete