Sunday, January 01, 2017

2016's Last Stand Sunday Stealing



1. Your main fandom of the year:Since I am not a young adult (ya), I had to look up the meaning of Fandom as used in these questions.  
Fandom is a term used to refer to a subculture composed of fans characterized by a feeling of empathy and camaraderie with others who share a common interest. (Wikipedia)
I would say lately, it was the Gilmore Girls, as I not only watched it but I checked out a lot of links related to it.  We watched it all over 3 days.  Then it was over! I get interested again, when I here rumors that Netflix is going to do more.  
2. Your favorite Film this year: I had to check a list to see if I'd actually had seen any 2016 Movies. We only stream movies any more and it doesn't take long for movies, good or bad, to reach this audience. I enjoyed Jungle Book, and guiltily, laughed hard at Deadpool.

 3. Your favorite Book read this year: I did the whole Harry Potter series this year, and really enjoyed them. There was a lot that I didn't get in the movies....I missed the whole bit on what Horcruxes were all about....only a main part of the story.  Lots of things were cleared up.

4. Your favorite Album or Song this year: 
Adele's Hello
5. Your favorite meme site of the year: Tastefully Offensive, it's all there Videos, memes, gifs, Tumblr, etc.

6. Your Fandom that you haven't tried yet, but want to: Outlander, I have only seen the first season on Amazon and I won't subscribe to Starz to see the rest. I have to see if I want to pay for them on an individual basis.Cheap Bankerchick! 
7. Your best new Fandom Discovery of the Year: 

https://www.pottermore.com/
8. Your biggest Fandom Disappointment of the Year: I didn't know what a fandom was until just now, so I haven't been disappointed yet.
 

9. Your TV Boyfriend of the year: Not a teenager!  10. Your TV Girlfriend of the year: Ditto
 

11. Your most Missed Old Fandom: Star Trek, I am not really interested in the new stuff.
 

12. Your Biggest Anticipations of the New Year: I would really like to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. But Mr BC has been feeling poorly and we did not get out.  We will probably see it On Demand when it comes out.
 
13. Your favorite post (of yours) of the year: October 2016 Hodgepodge here.  I had a chance to post a little more about our trip to England.  I didn't post much of anything because Mr BC got sick shortly there after.

14.Your favorite new blog (to you) of the year: I just got started looking on Imager this year. 

15.Your favorite new website of the year: Bored Panda-The only magazine for Pandas.
  This Giant Furry Dog Playing With A Kid Will Make Your Day, this is the title of the most recent post.  It sounds like click-bait but, it's not, it's a great post about this dog and his boy. Wonderful stories and pictures on this site.


16. Your favorite news story of the year: CNBC's story about fake news stories. Read all about it: The biggest fake news stories of 2016

17. Your favorite actor of the year: Eddie Redmayne, talented actor, The Theory of Everything, Singer, Marius in Les Miserables, and he seems like a nice guy.

18. Your favorite drama TV show of this year:  
The Crown on Netflix.
19. Your favorite comedy TV Show this year: No new comedies worth note....but we still watch The Middle and Big Bang Theory.
 

20. Your favorite cartoon of the year:


4 comments :

  1. Oh, Jungle Book was a good movie! I got that one for the grandkids to watch here and my mom, my daughter, and I all were glued to it more than the kids. It was breathtaking and there were a couple of moments that literally made us jump about a foot off our seats.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one time, I did not consider J K Rowling a potential classic. She wrote some rip roaring good yarns though. With my sister's stroke, it is one of the few items that will hold her attention span and I enjoy them as much this time as I did in the beginning. It has passed my classics test. Like my opinion matters, lol, that would be a good blog post.

    Meanwhile, We are going to watch the Gilmore Girls. Have a Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reread Harry Potter in 2016, too. I devoured the books before and this time took my time. As a complete whole, they are a force to be reckoned with. Not always the best writing but she deserves what she has received for the books. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Katie! The switch in question had me in the headlights for a bit. Loved the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete